Trail Window Art Walk 2022
During Covid times, the Arts community has been pushed to get creative in finding ways to support and present the works of our local Artists. So came the idea of the ‘Trail Window ArtWalk’; paying Artists to create art installations inside downtown Trail business windows so that they may be seen during the month of March. With goals to support and pay artists, celebrate downtown businesses, and offer a way for the public to experience art at their own schedule without going inside a venue.
Window ArtWalk Participating Businesses & Artists:
1) JJ's - JJ’s Fashions is located in Trail BC, in the heart of the West Kootenays. It's the best place for the best brands!
ART: "Birch" by Romany Watt
2) The Doorway - We are a unique home decor hot spot that offers delicious coffee and treat from local sources.
ART: "New Beginnings" by Heather Good
3) The Higher Path - Our first store, located in beautiful Trail, BC. One of the first legal recreational stores in BC, The Higher Path Trail is a pioneer in the BC Cannabis Industry. We carry a variety of cannabis products including flower, pre-rolls, oils, edibles, beverages, topicals and seeds.
ART: "Playful Petals" by Jessica Semenoff
4) Gadgets and More - Downtown retail variety & appliance parts store.
ART: "Captured Lightning" Ty Russell
5) The Wooden Hanger - Women's Consignment Boutique.
ART: "Against the Grain" by Jordan Mounteer
6) Ye Olde Flower Shoppe - Local Flowers Shoppe whom is celebrating being in Downtown Trail this is the 100th year.
ART: "Mountain Landscapes" by Grant Hall
7) Trail Riverfront Center - Trail's downtown hub for culture and learning! The Trail Riverfront Centre is an integrated facility offering library, museum and visitor center services.
ART: "Portals Into Eden" by Raphael Akiba
8) Late Night Record Shop - Your local source for new and used vinyl, and rock apparel.
ART: "Mixed Media Ink" Gascan Johnny
9) Trail Coffee Co. - Local café, serving breakfast, lunch, and freshly roasted coffee. Catering services, and wholesale coffee available.
ART: "Connections Through The Journey" by Jacki Bruce
10) Columbia Basin Alliance for Literacy - The Basin & Boundary's not-for-profit literacy organization.
ART: "Shorelines" by Tova Main